Friday, April 29, 2011

passion

Does passion even matter anymore?  Sometimes I feel like we are all robots, just going through the motions- very good and the what, where, when, and how, but terrible at the why.  No one cares why they do anything anymore and I don't like it, not one bit.  I've haven't even been in "corporate America" for a year and I feel worn out and tired- shouldn't i be 50 before I burn out?  I came into the workforce all bright-eyed, full of dreams of making a difference and changing the world.  And I find myself getting so sucked into the mechanics of it all, that those colorful dreams are getting replaced by grayscale realities.


What is life without the why?  Philosophers spend their lives answering the why questions, trying to determine the meaning of life.  People dedicate their entire lives to it while most can't even be bothered to think about it at all.  Just being perfectly content doing everything they are supposed to, just to do it, I guess so that they can say they can.


Quite frankly, I am not a robot.  I have a brain and more importantly a heart and I want to use them.  I want to enjoy the things I do and not only do I want to know the reasons, I want to enjoy the reason for doing them.  I know that there is a lot of passion inside me: passion for life, passion for people, passion for wanting to do something with my life.  I want to make an impact.  I am still searching for a productive way to embrace my passion and inject it into the world.  


Life is the journey, not the destination.  Life IS the why.  I don't want to look back and say "why not?" so why not live my passion today?

1 comment: